Keep industrial oil clean and dry
It is a known fact that filtering new and used oils, keeping them clean of particulates, and removing moisture will prolong the life of the oil and your equipment. Studies have shown that as much as 70 percent of all premature machine failures can be attributed to contamination. Here are a few necessary steps to take in order to mitigate oil contamination:
- “Purify” new oil when it is received into your facility
- Store it in a clean, dry area
- Properly label all lubricants
- Use lubricant analysis to determine the condition of the oil
- Establish an ISO code cleanliness goal
- Re-purify as required to maintain cleanliness and moisture levels.